PARADE OF 2020 GRADUATES
Saturday, December 12, 2020
The Parade of Graduates will be livestreamed in its entirety beginning at 10:00 am. Look for the link to the livestream, plus content celebrating our graduates, on the morning of December 12.
Cap and Gown Pick-up
December 8th, 9th and 10th | 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Security Office in Sieker Hall
Know Your Individual Time-slot
You received an email on 11-25 with your time-slot. If you did not receive this email, please contact Laura Brezovsky.
The health and safety of our community is our priority. All participants should follow guidelines in the New York State Covid-19 Travel Advisory. Please follow instructions below, and all instructions from Concordia staff on the day of the event.
Graduates will not be permitted to enter Schoenfeld until their entire party has arrived.
We look forward to celebrating with you at our December 12 Parade of Graduates! Please follow these instructions, and remember that masks will be required by you and your guests at all times.
- You and up to 4 guests are invited (children count as guests). Arrive in one car if possible.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time slot.
- Park on Concordia Place.
- Wait in your car until a Security Officer directs you to exit.
- A Security Officer will collect an Assessment Form for you and each person in your party. Fill these out on the morning of December 12 before your arrival. You and each person in your party will be given a temperature check. Anyone with a fever will not be permitted to participate. Five Assessment Forms are included with your cap and gown; if you are missing a form, please contact Joseph.Castaldo@concordia-ny.edu.
- Following Security Officers’ directions, you and your party will enter through the north door of Schoenfeld. You will give your Name Card to Dr. Eells. Your guests will move to their position, where they will be able to capture video and images. When your name is called, you will proceed to the stage, pick up your diploma case, and pose for a picture with President Nunes. When exiting the stage, please face the camera and move your tassel from right to left for another picture. Our professional photographer’s images will be available on the College website within 8 weeks. You and your party will exit via the south door of Schoenfeld.
- After receiving your diploma case, you may remain outdoors on campus, safely distanced from other parties, to take more pictures if you wish.
Dear Graduating Students,
Our community is very proud of your upcoming achievement. We are also proud of the way you have embraced the challenges of these times by living out the Concordia Cares Covenant. As much as we would like to hold a traditional Commencement ceremony for you on December 12th, we know we must continue with the vigilance that has so far been successful.
With your important input, the College has decided on the following plan as a safe and festive way to celebrate you.
On Saturday, December 12, Concordia will host a Parade of Graduates on campus (building location TBD). Dressed in your cap and gown, you will have a special moment with up to 4 guests present. Upon entering at your assigned time, your name will be called, President Nunes will present you with a diploma case, and a professional photographer will capture a photo while your guests watch from a distance. Graduates and guests will not congregate, but rather flow in at their assigned time and flow out immediately after the picture is taken. Masks will be worn by all at all times.
Special celebratory content will debut on our website for you and your loved ones to watch before or after your time on campus.
- The Parade of Graduates is open to all May 2020 graduates who wish to participate, and to all students who have applied for December Commencement.
- Graduating students must complete all coursework to be certified for their diploma.
- Graduating students must ensure their account is settled by November 17th.
- If you ordered a cap and gown, information about pickup will follow.
- Detailed instructions, including your time slot and the campus location for the Parade of Graduates will follow.
I look forward to marking your important accomplishment with you on December 12th! May God bless you and continue to keep you safe.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.