Concordia College New York is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our faculty, staff, and students. To ensure this, as well as fostering a learning environment, we have developed the following COVID-19 Reopening and Preparedness Plan (the “Plan”) in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Concordia follows/exceeds Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) requirements and recommendations. All are responsible for implementing this Plan—including student workers, management, faculty, and students.
Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our community, and that requires full cooperation. Read the Concordia COVID-19 Planning and Response at https://www.concordia-ny.edu/coronavirus-updates.
Involvement and participation is essential and our COVID-19 Reopening and Preparedness Plan follows NYSDOH and CDC guidelines and requirements; New York State’s Reopening Plan and Interim COVID-19 Guidance for Higher Education, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards related to safety and health precautions required in response to COVID-19 and applicable executive orders.
Key to our plan is our Concordia Cares initiative. We know that we are more than ready to meet this challenge. In fact, it’s been Concordia’s pathway since 1881: we care for one another as we care for ourselves. When we wear a mask, when we keep our distance, when we show we care, we are doing as we know we’re meant to do. We are all responsible for keeping each other safe. Thank you in advance for making Concordia who we are—a community that cares.
PROTOCOL FOR CONCORDIA CONSERVATORY
- All persons are required to wear a mask while on the Concordia College campus and practice social distancing.
- Each faculty, every day is required to complete a mandated Employee Self-Assessment Questionnaire before the start of each day.
- Every individual student and parent/caregiver/guardian regardless is required to complete the Concordia College Self-Assessment Questionnaire related to COVID-19 for non-employee form (click here for form) and turn into their individual faculty before the start of each lesson and class. Parents of a student under the age of 18 years old are required to fill out the form on their behalf. This is mandatory, and each faculty is responsible to collect and review before the start of each lesson/class.
- A parent/caregiver may drop off their Conservatory student to the teaching studio/room and may leave the building or may stay in the lesson/studio/room with mask and practice social distancing. The waiting areas will be off limits.
- Masks are required for all in the common areas and in the teaching studio/classroom while playing instrument except for woodwinds, brass and voice. All other instruments are required to wear a mask during lesson. Woodwind, brass and voice students may remove their mask before playing and singing and place back on upon completion.
- Woodwind, brass and voice teaching studios will have additional clear shower curtains for added protection.
- Faculty are required to practice social distancing while teaching.
- Hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial wipes are provided in each studio/classroom and in the Conservatory offices. Each Conservatory student is to wash their hands before and after each lesson/class.