PARADE OF GRADUATES
MAY 8, 2021
We look forward to celebrating with you at our May 8 Parade of Graduates.
Please follow these instructions, and remember that masks will be worn by all participants at all times.
- You and up to 4 guests are invited (children count as guests).
- Arrive within the 30-minute window you will receive via email.
- Check in at the Brickyard.
- An Assessment Form will be collected from you and each person in your party. Fill these out on the morning of May 8 before your arrival. You and each person in your party will be given a temperature check. Anyone with a fever will not be permitted to participate. Five Assessment Forms are included with your cap and gown; if you are missing a form, click below to download and print.
- Following check in, you and your party will enter Sommer via the back corridor.
- Have your name card (included with your cap and gown) ready. When your name is called, you will proceed to the stage, pick up your diploma case, and pose for a picture with President Nunes. Your guests will be able to capture video and images. When exiting the stage, please face the camera and move your tassel from right to left for another picture. The professional photographer’s images will be available on the College website within a month.
- You and your party will immediately exit via the Sommer Center lobby.
- After exiting Sommer, you may remain outdoors on campus, safely distanced from other parties, to take more pictures if you wish.
An Assessment Form will be collected from you and each person in your party. Each person must fill out their form on the morning of May 8 before arrival.
Will you or your guests be arriving from outside New York? Read New York State's lastest travel requirements here.
Cap and Gown Pickup
Tuesday, May 4 from 10 am to 7 pm in Schoenfeld
Along with your cap and gown, you will receive a name card for you to fill out and bring with you on May 8, and five Assessment Forms. You and each person in your party must complete a form on the morning of May 8 so that you can submit it upon arrival. No one will be permitted to participate in the Parade of Graduates without a completed Assessment Form. Extras are available at the link above.
Submit Your Graduation Application No Later Than Friday, March 12
Friday, March 12 is the deadline for submitting your Graduation Application if you intend to graduate in May of 2021.
Friday, March 12 (11:59 pm) is a hard deadline. The portal will close at 12:00 am on March 13.
Questions? Need Assistance? Incorrect information on the application?
Contact the Registrar's office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Order Your Cap and Gown by Thursday, March 4
• You must complete your Graduation Application before you can place your order.
• No payment is required.
• At Jostens site (link below), select Concordia College, Bronxville NY.
• To receive the correct hood, know your degree:
Associate; Bachelor of Arts; Bachelor of Science; Master of Business Leadership; Master of Special Education;
Master of Digital Media; or Master of Digital Marketing
Questions? Contact Laura Brezovsky: Laura.Brezovsky@concordia-ny.edu
A Letter From President Nunes
April 1, 2021
Dear Graduating Students,
Congratulations on your upcoming achievement! Concordia looks forward to celebrating you with a festive Parade of Graduates on Saturday, May 8. The committee decided on this option based on positive feedback from December’s Parade of Graduates. The day provided graduates and their families with a meaningful, emotion-filled way to mark this important milestone, while meeting New York State health and safety guidelines.
The May 8 Parade of Graduates will take place in Sommer Center and will also be livestreamed. Dressed in your cap and gown, you will have a special moment with up to 4 guests present. You and your guests will enter Sommer Center at an assigned time; your name will be called; you will cross the stage to receive your diploma case; and a professional photographer will capture a photo of you and President Nunes. Your guests will be able to watch you walk across the stage, and capture photos and video from a safe distance. Graduates and guests will not sit or congregate in Sommer Center, but rather flow in at their assigned time and flow out immediately after the picture is taken. Masks will be worn by all at all times, and health screening procedures will be required before entry to Sommer Center.
- Graduating students must complete all coursework to be certified for their diploma.
- If you ordered a cap and gown, information about pickup will follow.
- Detailed instructions, including your time slot, will follow.
- Your account balance must be paid in full before May 4 in order to participate.
I look forward to marking your important accomplishment with you on May 8th!
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.