M.S. in Educational Leadership
Are you ready to lead?
The Master's in Educational Leadership program is designed to prepare future leaders to meet the challenges of creating and promoting highly effective school environments in rapidly evolving and diverse communities. Graduates will understand these core priorities and be able to put them into practice as they begin to pursue positions as educational leaders.
The MS in Educational Leadership is a 36-credit program available online. Upon completion of the program, you will be recommended to NYSED for a Certificate in School Building Leader or School District Leader.
- M.S. Application completed and signed
- Application Fee ($50)
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended (reflecting completion of a major in a liberal art or science discipline or other approved discipline, a graduating GPA of 3.1 or better)
- Two letters of recommendation. One recommendation must be from a school supervisor or administrator.
- Written essay (300-500 words in length) describing your personal philosophy of education, school leadership, statement of intent, and rationale for pursuing the degree
- A Master’s degree in teacher education, educational leadership, or pupil personnel services.
- Proof of Permanent/Professional NYS Teaching or Pupil Personnel Service Certificate.
- Evidence of a minimum of three years’ full-time, paid, approved teaching service and/or educational leadership service and/or pupil personnel service experience serving pupils within grades PK-12
- Current resume
EDL 6XX: Curriculum Development, Instruction, and Assessment (3 Credit Hours)
EDL 6XX: Developing Strong School, Family, and Community Partnerships (3 Credit hours)
EDU 6XX: Introduction to Educational Leadership (3 Credit hours)
EDL 6XX: The Leader at the Building Level (3 Credit Hours)
EDL 6XX: The Leader at the District Level (3 Credit Hours)
EDL 6XX: Technology and Data Analysis for Effective Decision Making (3 Credit Hours)
EDL 6XX: Supervision of Instruction (3 Credit Hours)
EDL 6XX: School Law (3 Credit Hours)
EDL 6XX: School Finance and Facility Management (3 Credit Hours)
EDL 6XX: Research Seminar for the School Building and School District Leader (3 Credits)
EDU 6XX: Internship in School Building and School District Leadership I (3 credits)
EDU 6XX: Internship in School Building and School District Leadership II (3 credits)
Leader or School District Leader.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.