Perpetuating the call of
SERVICE TO OTHERS
At the heart of our mission at Concordia College is service to church and community. After all, everything we do ultimately reflects in our society, and should spring from our Lutheran identity and heritage.
Our Office of Church Relations is committed to nourishing connections between the college and Lutheran congregations in the region. We are here as a resource to churches, individuals and other organizations that share or want to know more about the Christ-centered, value-oriented education we embrace in our faith.
The Office of Church Relations aims to:
Articulate the mission of the college to its Lutheran constituency
Encourage congregations to surface the brightest and the best among their youth to attend Concordia
Manage and expand the East Coast Association of Congregations
Develop and sponsor programs that are of service to regional congregations and the Lutheran Church at large
Support and encourage Concordia Sunday in congregations
Represent the college at workshops and conferences
|Lutheran Church Missouri Synod||Concordia University System|
|Atlantic District||Eastern District|
|Florida-Georgia District||New England District|
|New Jersey District||Southeastern District|
Concordia is sponsored by the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod and a member of the Concordia University System. It is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York to offer both associate, bachelor, and master degrees.
The Concordia University System builds national identity, enables cooperative endeavors, and enhances the strength of the colleges and universities of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. Concordia College–New York is the only LCMS college on the East Coast.
Concordia College New York is the regional college for the East Coast Common Endeavor (ECCE)—an association of east coast Districts of the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. The Districts included are: Atlantic, Eastern, Florida-Georgia, New England, New Jersey, and Southeastern.
The East Coast Association of Congregations (ECAC) is a partnership of churches that helps Concordia prepare students for successful careers and lives of service in church and community. Since the ECAC's inception in 1982, over 235 congregations from 14 states have committed themselves to this endeavor.
Now more than ever, Concordia College needs financial support from Lutheran congregations along the East Coast. If your congregation is not currently a member of the ECAC, we strongly encourage you to join this partnership!
Concordia College pledges to provide its students who are members of ECAC congregations:
- A high-quality education within a distinctive Christian atmosphere where students will be challenged to serve Christ in whatever occupation they choose.
- An annual ECAC $1,000 scholarship to all full-time students, regardless of program of study—in addition to all other financial aid for which the students might qualify.
Concordia asks ECAC member congregations to:
- Pray for Christian education in general and Concordia College in particular during Sunday morning worship.
- Strongly encourage young men and women with gifts for ministry to prepare at Concordia for church-service careers.
- Provide annual financial support. Member churches are challenged to pledge 1% of their annual budgets toward Concordia College and its unmatched scholarship program for Lutheran students.
- Atlantic District-LCMS - Located on the Concordia College campus, visit the Atlantic District of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod website for information on their support of Lutheran churches, schools and ministries.
- Concordia University System - Concordia University System builds national identity, enables cooperative endeavors, and enhances the strength of the colleges and universities of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod as they engage students of diverse ages and cultures in quality, Christ-centered, value-oriented, Lutheran higher education for lives of service to church and community.
- The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod - In grateful response to God's grace and empowered by the Holy Spirit through Word and Sacraments, the mission of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod is to make known the love of Christ by word and deed within our churches, communities, and the world.
- Village Lutheran Church & Chapel School - Located across the street from Concordia College, Village Lutheran Church is our chapel worship/Eucharist sponsoring congregation.
Learn more by contacting our Financial Aid office.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.