Questions and Answers
Below are questions commonly heard at the reference desk. If you don't see you question or need further help, don't hesitate to contact the library.
- How do I renew a book or other item checked out from the library?
- Library fines
- How do I access the journal databases from off-campus?
- How much will I be charged in fines if something is late?
- Where can I get MLA and APA citation format examples and instructions?
- Where is the art gallery located? What are the hours?
- How can I get into Blackboard?
- How can I borrow a book or get an article from another library sent to the Scheele Library?
- How do I search a database for an article?
- Friends of Concordia Library Policy
- From the Library Home:
- Click Online Catalog
- Log into your account .
- Click the Renew Items button. Your new due date will appear.
If you need help logging on, speak to the reference librarian.
- C00 - Number
If I am late with a library book, how much will I be charged in fines?
It depends on the policy for the item:
- Reserves are $1.00 per late hour
- Reference books are 50¢ per late hour.
- Regular checkout is 25¢ per late day.
- Login to Concordia College's Intranet.
- Review the online tutorials
What is the Friends of Concordia Library Policy?
-three week book loans
-maximum of 2 books may be borrowed concurrently
-audio visual materials cannot be borrowed
-reference books cannot be borrowed
-reserves books cannot be borrowed
-magazines cannot be borrowed
Circulation borrowing schedule for students
Books: 3 weeks
Reserve items: 2 hours or otherwise indicated
Audio visual: 1 week
Library items may be renewed once.
Reserves are $1.00 per late hour
Reference books are 50¢ per late hour.
Regular checkout is 25¢ per late day.
-Non-returned books: After 30 days accounts will be charged the cost of the book plus a non-refundable service charge of $10.00
To become a member, please contact us at 914.337.9300.