Undergraduate Applying for Financial Aid
Concordia College-New York requires that all students who are interested in receiving financial aid complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Concordia’s priority deadline to apply for Financial Aid is April 1 for new students, and April 15 for returning students.
Steps to completing and submitting a FAFSA:
- You and your parent will need a FSA ID in order to sign electronically. Obtain an ID at www.studentaid.gov/fsaid. It will take 1-3 days to process the ID.
- Complete the FAFSA online at https://www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA is available beginning January 1. It is important to file the FAFSA as soon as possible.
- Have both student and parent Social Security Numbers, 2014 Federal Tax Returns, and any statements of assets available as you complete the application. Students and parents are encouraged to use the "IRS Data Retrieval Tool," available within the FAFSA, to connect directly with the IRS to provide tax return information. If taxes have not yet been completed – do not delay filing the FAFSA. Use estimated figures, which can be updated once the taxes are complete.
- Concordia's Federal School Code is 002709.
- If you are a New York State resident, upon completion of the FAFSA, apply for the New York State Tuition Assistance Program at https://www.tapweb.org/totw. A link will be provided once the FAFSA has been submitted.
Once you have submitted your FAFSA:
The Financial Aid Office will review the results of your FAFSA and contact you to request any additional information.
- New Students: Financial Aid award packages are mailed approximately 2-3 weeks following your acceptance letter, beginning late February. Once you receive your award package, follow the instructions to accept your awards electronically.
- Returning Students: Financial Aid award packages are sent electronically, via Banner self service, following the end of the Spring semester. Once you receive the award package, follow the instructions to accept your awards electronically.