International Students

Welcome to Concordia College

Each year, Concordia College welcomes students from around the world to live and study in a true mosaic of culture and viewpoints. Time after time, our students say that one of the things they value most about being at Concordia is the opportunity to live in a diverse environment—and how this increases their respect for both the differences and similarities of people and cultures.

Concordia students come from more than 23 states and 37 countries worldwide. Student organizations such as the Multicultural Club and the International Club support and celebrate diversity on campus through student activities such as dinners, dances, fashion shows, and service and outreach programs.

International Admission Information

Back to Top


Virtual Tour

Virtual Tour


Application Procedures for Freshmen and Transfer Students

Documents Required:

  1. Application Form: Complete the Application for Admission.
  2. Application Fee: Along with your application, send a $100 nonrefundable application fee payable to Concordia College-New York through a financial institution with a U.S. office. Applications will not be considered without this fee.
    Pay Your Application Fee Online
  3. Application Form I-20 and Proof of Financial Support: Enclose a letter (not more than six months old) from your sponsor's bank addressed to Concordia College. Include a monthly Bank Statement and sponsorship letter, as these documents prove ability to cover cost of attendance plus academic expenses. The College also recommends additional forms to prove income such as tax forms, annual pay receipts, etc. Have your sponsor sign the Sponsor's Affidavit of Financial Support (this form is provided as part of the application). International students (Non citizens) are not eligible for any Financial Aid through the US Government or the State of New York.See applying for your Visa section for more information.
  4. Transcripts:
    • Freshmen: Include transcripts from each high school (secondary school) attended. These transcript(s) must be sent from the school(s) to the Office of Admission in separate sealed envelopes and must be accompanied by official English translations.
    • Transfers: Please submit official transcripts from every college or University you have attended. These transcripts must be sent to the Office of Admission from the institution, in separate sealed envelopes and must be accompanied by official English translations. If you have completed less than a full academic year of university study (less than 28 transferable credits), please submit official transcripts from all high schools (secondary schools) attended.
    • Subject Descriptions: If you wish to have your subjects reviewed for transfer credit, you must submit descriptions of each subject studied at your former university. Descriptions should include the following information:
    1. Learning goals or objectives of the subject;
    2. The number of hours per week in lecture/laboratory,
    3. Textbooks required for each subject.
    4. The length of the academic term in weeks.
  5. Level of English Proficiency: At the start of each academic semester, each new student whose first language is not English will take the Michigan Test given by the ICESL department which will determine English placement, in consultation with the English Department. We accept the TOEFL,  The International English Advanced Placement Examination (APIEL), or The International English Testing System (IELTS)

Back to Top


Entry Requirements

Required GPA: 3.0 (out of 4.0)
Required TOEFL: Undergraduate: Average 550 (paper), 213 (computer-based) and 80 (internet-based) to enroll in full-time degree course. The minimum for a "conditional admission" to the College is 450/133/38
Required SAT I: Average score of 1050 (critical reading and math)
Required ACT: Average score of 22
Other English Exam: IELTS score of 6.5
Application Deadline:

Fall Semester (August): March 1

Spring Semester (January): September 15

ESL Summer Semester (July): April 15


Application Forms

You can apply online at the following website: or download a certain part of the Application (Matriculated Students-Non ESL).

Visa Application Forms

Back to Top

Applying for your Visa

Commonly Asked Questions by Students Applying for Form I-20 A-B

Who is eligible for the Form I-20 A-B?
A student is eligible to receive the Form I-20 when he or she has:

  • been admitted to Concordia College for enrollment in a full course of study;
  • provided documentary evidence proving financial ability to support living and study expenses for the full length of study.

How do I get my Form I-20?

  • Complete the Application for Form I-20 A-B and attach the required documentary evidence that you have the financial ability to support your studying and living costs for your program. Submit your completed application and all documentary evidence to the Office of Admission or the English Language Center at the address below.

Back to Top

Financial Aid Information

Concordia College offers various forms of merit based financial aid including, but not limited to, academic, athletic, and Lutheran grants and scholarships.

Back to Top

Pre-Arrival Information

Pre-Payment: For more information on financing your education, click here.

Getting to Concordia College
Please reach out to our Office of Admission for any questions on transportation to Concordia College.

Back to Top

How to Contact the International Admission Office

Concordia College-New York
171 White Plains Road
Bronxville, New York 10708

Admission Telephone: (914) 337-9300, x2155 or Toll-Free: 1-800-937-2655
Email: [email protected]

Back to Top

Commonly Questions and Answers

How many students attend Concordia College-New York?
Approximately 1,000 students attend Concordia.

Where is Bronxville?
Bronxville is located 32 kilometers (25 minutes) from New York City and 315 kilometers (3 hours, 15 minutes) from Boston, Massachusetts. Bronxville is a 30 minute train ride from Grand Central Station in Manhattan and is a short drive from LaGuardia Airport and John F. Kennedy Airport--two of the major hubs of transportation for the East Coast.

Is the College campus safe?
Yes. Concordia College is located in a very wealthy and safe neighborhood. The College campus has around-the-clock security. As with any American city, students should exercise common sense and make wise decisions about walking alone, off-campus at night.

Do you have many other international students at Concordia College-New York?
Around 14% of the student body is comprised of students from overseas. An example of the campus diversity is evidenced in the fact that our students are from 37 different countries and 23 different states.

How long does to it take to learn if you have been admitted?
If your application arrives in the Office of Admission complete with all supporting documents, a decision will be made within two weeks. Delays only happen if documents are incomplete and/or missing.

How many students are in a class?
The average class size is 17 students.

What is the student/faculty ratio?
13 students to each professor.

What is there to do on campus?
Concordia College offers more than 30 clubs and organizations, fraternities and sororities, as well as social, religious, cultural, and athletic organizations. Student organizations and administrative programs offer a wide variety of entertainment, including movies, concerts, comedians, dramatic performances, parties, dances, and lectures. There are many athletic opportunities as well, from NCAA Division II intercollegiate competition to intramurals.

For commonly asked IT questions, click here.

Back to Top

Other Resources

Information can be found on this website about college search, registering for SAT testing, scholarships, and applying to colleges.

Information can be found on this website about college search, registering for ACT testing, scholarships, and applying to colleges.

The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) measures the ability of non-native speakers of English to use and understand English as it is spoken, written and heard.

World Education Services:
Converts academic credentials from any country in the world into their U.S. equivalents by describing each certificate, diploma, and degree you have earned and stating its academic equivalent in the United States.
Phone: 212 -966-6311


Back to Top