Description of ESL Courses:
Listening and Note-Taking Skills
- Listen to everyday conversations, news broadcasts and interviews to help improve your listening skills.
- Listen to academic lectures and learn how to take effective notes.
- Increase your college vocabulary and use of idioms.
- Focus on understanding and using English grammar correctly in writing and speech.
- Improve your ability to put your thoughts on paper.
- Learn how to write well-organized paragraphs, letters, and essays for a variety of purposes.
- Revise and edit your work.
- Read and discuss short stories, texts, news articles, novels and other material to learn new information and improve reading skills and vocabulary.
- Lower level classes improve speaking skills through guided conversation, role-playing, interviews, and short oral presentations.
- Advanced level classes focus on public speaking and discussion skills for success in university classes.
- All classes include pronunciation practice.