Lay Deacon Program
The Concordia Lay Deacon Program (CLDP) is a collaborative program between the East Coast Common Endeavor (ECCE) Districts of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and Concordia College-New York.
The program seeks to train lay leaders for ministries of word and service in the congregations of the ECCE districts. The CLDP consists of 10 online courses offered through Concordia College-New York taken over two years. In addition, Lay Deacons will complete 200 hours of service under the supervision of their pastor.
For Frequently Asked Questions about the program, click here.
- Christian Doctrine
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Theology and Practice of Worship
- Christian Service and Care
- Interpreting Scripture
- Teaching the Faith
- Sharing the Faith
- History of the Church
1. Speak with your local pastor. If your congregation is vacant, speak with your District office.
2. Review the deacon guidelines and complete the application.
3. Send all application materials including the letter of recommendation from supervising pastor, approval letter from district, and signed copy of deacon guidelines to Concordia Lay Deacon Program Director.
If you have any questions about applying, please contact Reverend Paul Sauer at 914-337-9300 x2216.
All materials should be sent to the following:
Reverend Paul Sauer
171 White Plains Road
Bronxville, NY 10708
4. Following the submission of your application, you will be contacted by the Concordia Lay Deacon Program Director.